Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

FRIDAY HUMBLE ABODE...SPRING AROUND THE HOUSE

HELLO AGAIN!

Ahh it's Friday--this week blew by for me and though it felt like spring here on AF it didn't feel or look like it outside-brrr. I painted the windows up with colorful birds and bunnies and trees-oh my! If you look really close you can see the neighbor snow blowing the driveway across the street! I know-it's just not right! So here's a look at the spring windows...








Another project that got underway this week was the stairway project! yay! I can't believe what a difference it made already! For those of you not aware of the project click here and catch up!

I chickened out on my color choice-no I shouldn't say that! I decided to bring a neutral tan-Lenox Tan from BM, down the stairs and into the lower hall. I already have that going on in the upper hall and since they are connecting spaces I wanted the color to be cohesive with other areas of the house--Am I totally full of it or what? :) I have lots of art planned for pops of color and something fun on the stairs themselves though I'm not exactly sure what yet-don't worry!

Doing this project makes me look around the house and realize how much more work there is to be done!! I look forward to the challenge!

 Here's the progress report...

BEFORE:

before-featuring roo-dog


before-dark and dreary
 NEXT PHASE...
yay-looking better already!

look at all my crazy colors! I'm going to use the most muted blue, grey, green one for an accent color-it's actually very soft and pretty-it's called BM Quiet Moment.
I know it's still looking rough-whew the stairs are in bad shape...wish me luck


STAY TUNED FOR MORE STAIRWAY PROJECT UPDATES...

Bird watching around the house...
Well since it's still impossibly cold outside, I decided to do some spotting of birds around the house. I do love a little bird decor here and there, When I started to look I realized I have quite a few actually-let's go on safari...

my chalkboard wall birds...

golden birds photo-op for Etsy...

S & P shakers from Pier One...

bird duvet from Pottery Barn...

Bird Adirondack chair...I know it's a little country-I painted this chair @ 7 years ago and it sat outside in the garden-I cleaned it up last year and brought it in for a cozy reading nook-what can I say-it's comfortable!

white bird inside the china cabinet-found 2 of these at a Salvation Army thrift shop a while back...

gift shop bird...

bookcase in the bedroom...

a little closer...
Having a few hints of birds around the house helps me think of spring, even when it's 22' outside....

Well I wanted to do a DIY craft this week but I totally ran out of time! I was inspired by some of those wreathes that I found-check them out here-I'll get to it over the weekend and make something fun to post with some more Easter related things in the coming weeks!

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK FOR SOME MONDAY INSPIRATIONS....

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Your stairs are looking awesome! What a huge difference already! Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done :)