Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

FRIDAY AROUND THE HOUSE AND SOME COOL ROOMS....

Rounding out my week of kid inspired stuff is a space in my own house-The kitchen chalkboard wall! I just finished it last week. I had a DIY chalkboard I made a couple of years ago hanging in there-but I've been loving the chalkboard wall trend for some time-just needed to pull the trigger on it! The kids love to be in the kitchen with me so I thought it would be perfect way for them to pass the time while I make dinner! My husband said I'm teaching them to write on other walls now too! LOL! I don't care-that's what cleaning products and extra paint is for anyway right? I love their art-maybe I should have them paint on a wall- or maybe not! :)

I also included some cool chalkboard wall ideas from around the blogosphere..check it out!

Hope you like...

my chalkboard kitchen wall!
birds...
little nest...
to the nest area...
my dollar store chalk receptacle
my desk with the old DIY chalkboard-all I did was get a Home Depot wooden kitchen cabinet door-primed-painted the frame white-inside chalkboard paint-Presto!-put some hardware on the back to hang!
area fare workspace-complete with lots of coffee...
cabinet door chalkboard via Bella Inspirations blog...
garage space chalkboard via Digger's List-  I love this idea!
good idea for an office--via loving, living, small
via house to home UK
cute right-via Bella Inspirations
wall calendar
via Decor 8




don't want to paint a wall? Chalkboard wall decals do the trick-.....
   
via Caitlin Wilson Design blog
kids love chalkboards!



USA map chalkboard wall decal $65.00
  
I had to post this because I found it really hilarious-the image in my head of someone sitting on the toilet-writing on the chalkboard wall!!! lol-it's like a bar or something-Too funny!



HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT WEEK FOR SOME MORE MONDAY INSPIRATIONS.....

3 comments:

janet said...

love your diy cabinet chalkboard! it looks wonderful. i have white boards at the house but this round up of chalkboards is making me want to paint some things and draw, draw, draw!

Jen said...

Thanks Janet! BTW-I love the mod digital papers in your Etsy shop-aarietta-:)

bestpmchennai said...

Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again

Cool Rooms