Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

FRIDAY HUMBLE ABODE-SPRING THINGS FOR THE HOME!

Wow is it Friday already! This week was a whirlwind it seems-and many of my plans  for beginning the staircase project have been pushed back a bit! I have decided that the negotiable wall color is no-longer in limbo and have settled on a custom grey that is medium in tone and warm. The stairs and trim are a definite BM Atrium White and I'm scrapping the birds and branches in favor of a less busy look with a graphic trim as the runner (not sure about the graphic print yet though.)

Well, what have I been doing? Getting my ETSY shop stocked that's what! I actually signed up in December and have been hem-hawing and plotting since then. The fire started this week to just do it-take the plunge-get it up and running! The reason for the fire is that I donated one of my pieces to help the New Zealand earthquake victims-and needed a link to my item for people to bid on-so I had to put something in my shop! So now I have one thing in there and lots of things in the works! It was the inspiration I needed to get some stuff done so check out some stuff on my ETSY this week!

If you are interested in helping the New Zealanders-there is a link to the auction on the right of my page-just click and you're there! Lots of really cute things to bid on from stores and crafters-lots of kid stuff (Lil Magoolie is the hosting blog-she's located in Christchurch, NZ-the epicenter of the quake) Her blog is super cute and quite popular and earned a top ten spot for fave kid design blogs in "The Homies" contest on Apartment Therapy and you might have seen it on my blog too a few weeks ago--check it out here. Thanks for looking!

THE HUMBLE ABODE TODAY:

doing some spring things even though it's snowing..............



my painted windows for St. Patty's! My 4-year old squealed with delight about the rainbow! lol!

beyond the shamrock's not looking too springish...

TIP: don't go all the way to seals with this much color-harder to clean-up!
HERE'S SOME GREEN AND SPRING INSPIRATION FROM AROUND THE WEB THIS WEEK:

LOVE-This bedding collection and ALL of the pillows from Inhabit--check out this store for sure!




some spring pillows from Inhabit

ROOMS WITH SOME GREEN AND SPRING ENVY....



casart coverings via chic home couture

decor pad


sneak peek AURA spring 2011 bedding collection via DECOR 8

cool idea-I love this!

crazy kids room woodland theme-how FUN! Mimolimit part of BYBY

dwell studio boys bedding
THAT'S ALL FOLKS! SEE YOU NEXT WEEK FOR SOME MONDAY INSPIRATIONS---KIDS AND CRITTERS!

No comments: