Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

MONDAY INSPIRATIONS-OFFICE SPACE PART I

Hello friends...

I've been spending alot more time lately in the office here at home-and let me tell you-it's not that inspiring! I call it "ghetto chic". Seriously though,  I share this space with 2 little boys (1 and 4) so it tends to look as if a tornado rolled through. I actually don't mind that part as long as everything has a dedicated spot to go afterwards. I thrive when things are organized.

My space is in serious need of some good organization and pretty re-styling. Since we do so much in here-it really is the most multi-purpose area of our home-the office has to accomplish many tasks and requires certain things.

A. KID STORAGE-toys, books, crayons, army guys, blocks etc etc...
B. HOME STORAGE-I keep extras in here too ie: bath linens/towels
C. MOM STORAGE-I'm talking major craft stuff, sewing machine, paints, canvases, etc
D. OFFICE ESSENTIALS- computer area, desk, open shelving, printer, files, supplies, etc
E. KIDS TABLE +CHAIRS-crafting, coloring, playing
F. ART TABLE FOR MOM
G. GOOD LIGHTING

Plus I want it to be pretty! So I mocked up 2 very different office styles to accommodate both Mom and boys. Today is part I and Tuesday I'll show you the other one and you can kindly tell me which you like best!

OFFICE SPACE PART I-RELAXING RETREAT....

1. Alphabet art print (customizable)-Area Fare-Etsy-11x14  $18 (coming soon!)
2. Fabric for the curtains-Contempo curtains.com
3. Offi Trundle desk for kids-Modern Seed
4. Spa Blue (sunbrella/washable) Graham Storage Ottoman-Ballard.com
5. Green urn-Modern Chic Home
6. Emeco Navy chair (kids)-Modern Seed
7. Atoll Antique Mirror-Ballard.com
8. Aspelund 3-door Wardrobe $199- IKEA
9. Porcelain pendant lamp-ZAinteriors.com
10. BOHO clock-Foreside Home and Garden
11. Desk chair-Ballard.com
12. chair fabric-pretty!
13."Honesty" Wallpaper from Graham and Brown
14. Iron bird accent-Foreside Home and Garden
15. Office Supplies from The Container Store
16. Liatorp Desk-IKEA
17. warm grey paint
18. Atelier Task lamp $239-Restoration Hardware
19. Indoor/outdoor rug-Lamps Plus



SEE YOU TOMORROW FOR PART II OF THE OFFICE SPACE-THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL! 

No comments: