Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

TUESDAY INSPIRATION PIECE AND BEACHY DIY CRAFT!

Well I bricked on my little DIY last week so I have one for you today! I was inspired by this weeks beachy nautical theme, to trek down to the beach with the kiddos and play in the sand. They loved it and so did I-but I also had a plan...

DIY SAND LETTERS...

This craft was quite messy but super easy and for me-it was free! I have bins and closets (plural) full of craft stuff. I bought the cardboard pre-cut letters at Hobby Lobby last year for $1.77-used my trusty Mod Podge for the adhesive, scooped up some free sand at the beach, sprinkled a little gold glitter for an extra sparkle to add depth, and kept all the sand in place by spraying with an acrylic clear coat. Here's my sequence of events. I won't go into full tutorial  mode about it because it's pretty self explanatory. Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty! Your kids will love it!




PRETTY PALETTE AND INSPIRATION PIECE....
Many designers agree that finding your "inspiration piece" is central to decorating your space. It can be anything really-artwork, a vase, rug or furniture piece. Today's nautical inspiration piece was painted by Winston Churchill in 1933. I think it has a kind of contemporary feel-great for a updated nauty cottage look. What do you think?



SEE YOU TOMORROW FOR SOME NAUTICAL ETSY FINDS...