Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

MONDAY INSPIRATIONS.....COTTAGE BY THE SEA!

Well if you read my blog on a regular basis, you probably know that I appreciate just about every design style out there and represent that variety here on AF. This week is all about the fun summer stylings of the beach cottage!

When summer hits this design style always appeals to me. I don't have a beach cottage home by any means but I think it's fun to incorporate some of these elements during the beachy summer season. There are many different types of beach cottage styles and they all are very popular right now.

 This week I'm focusing on the East Coast Nautical cottage style. We live in a beach community-on Lake Huron-but we don't have lobsters, so it's all about fishing for trout around here! I think I might do a four part beach cottage series to represent the many styles out there. Personally, I love the California Huntington Beach Surfer style cottage stuff! I'm thinking the beach cottage style is an inexhaustible topic! I tend toward the simple and modern so you can expect at least that from me!

So let's keep it simple and stylish with some East Coast Nautical elements for your "summer house"

Hope you like....

1. Barrel Swing-$695 - The Conran Shop
2. Graphic pattern beach hat-bonniesknitting.etsy.com
3. Ceramic drink dispenser-Pottery Barn
4. Silver Lantern light string-Pottery Barn
5. "Keep Calm" beach style art-Cottage Coastal Store
6. fillable clear lamps from Lamps Plus-$99
7. Brussels Coffee Table-Cottage and Bungalow
8. "Pen Duick" replica ship-Nautical Key
9. Shell bowls from Pottery Barn
10. Outdoor Wicker caddy-Pottery Barn
11. Electric Pendant Globe Lamp $276-Nautical Key
12. Decorative Oars-$80-100 Nautical Key
13. White Metal Folding Chair-$99-The Conran Shop
14. Fun pillows from Cottage Coastal and Cottage and Bungalow
15. Vintage Beach Sign-Cottage and Bungalow
16. Lighthouse Stripe rug in Khaki-Dash and Albert
17. Double Happiness Wine Table $1290 (Made in the USA) Cottage and Bungalow

SEE YOU TOMORROW FOR TUESDAY'S ANYTHING GOES-BEACH STYLE!

No comments: