Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

FRIDAY HUMBLE ABODE..COLORFUL THINGS...

SO...
I'm rounding out this week with some pretty and colorful painted floors. I think I'm like most people that see painted floors and say-"oh-that is so cool-but I don't think I could paint over wood like that!" If you have really nice floors-of course not! My brother is one of "those" people that say you should NEVER paint over wooden things in your home (he and his wife restored a charming historic bungalow in midtown Memphis) However, I'm of the opinion that not all wood is created equal! In our house-the wood floors and trim are kinda trashed, therefore painting them becomes an option and I'm open to lots of options! :)

I have begun the painting of our staircase and trim-you can check out what I've done so far HERE and some pretty, inspiring, painted staircases I love HERE..

Here are some other peoples houses with painted floors....

Kate Spade store...

via Decor Pad

via Cottage Living...

domino magazine

domino magazine...

can't go wrong with stripes...

...or chevron!

painted concrete via Apartment Therapy...

stained patterns are a good option too!

this homeowner laid down vinyl contact paper then painted..

wow-via Apartment Therapy..

LOVED these last month in BHG...

love the ceiling too!


gloss is good-decor pad

could you imagine having a cool room like this growing up? via Decor Pad

pretty checks via Lonny Magazine...

love this via Decor Pad..

painted concrete in a summer home in Greece-via APT THRPY

awesome-via Apartment Therapy..

Design Sponge..

Coastal Living Magazine...

Coastal Living...

Coastal Living..

love the geometrics..via Sunnygoode.com

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK FOR SOME MONDAY INSPIRATIONS....

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

This post really inspired me. I hate the vinyl flooring in my bathroom and have wood underneath that is in good shape in most areas, but not enough to leave as is. I think I may be tearing up the vinyl this weekend and painting it! Now to figure out what colors to do...

Jen said...

Picking the color is the hardest part for me too! I like EVERYTHING!