Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

MONDAY INSPIRATIONS...A HINT OF MINT

HELLO FRIENDS!


This week I'm focusing on some minty things I like. Normally I'm not much of pastel gal but I've come to realize that this blog let's me explore lots of design styles that appeal to me but don't necessarily show up in my own home. I think alot of us are like that right? "Oh-I love that-but I can't pull it off with my stuff and I can't go buy new stuff!" There's a lot of things we don't even dare to consider.


 I guess this is more of a design appreciation blog than any thing else. In the case of this weeks inspiration-I actually do have some of this color going on in our house-but it wasn't at first by choice!

When we moved into our current house last year, the main bathroom had floor to chest minty blue square tile around the entire perimeter of the room. I'm sure it's original to the house, so that makes it vintage 40's but not in a cool way!

 Anyways-I went with the beige + minty blue combo in there and it's kind-of OK for now. Is it my dream bath-certainly not! However when I look around for design and decorating inspiration for this color palette, I've found that I kind of like a hint of mint here and there and have incorporated it elsewhere in our house....


Maybe you'll like it too....


1.Easton dining chair in Seafoam-Russell and Mackenna.com
2.Butterflies "MUM" card-Paperchase.co.uk
4.Bubbled glass knobs-Anthropologie.com
5.KitchenAid mixer in Pistachio
7. Mikasa dinnerware from Macy's
8.Zig Zag bedding from Urban Outfitters
10. Teapot in Pistachio from Bee House
11. Women's Mint bike from Makais


SEE YOU TOMORROW FOR A TUESDAY PRETTY PALETTE!

No comments: