Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Jen's Art Additions...and some other stuff

I've been slacking again this week...I know! My husband came home from work and we've been hanging out doing family stuff and enjoying the weather. He works away from home for a few weeks at a time, then comes back for a few weeks, and so on. Whenever he comes back I get knocked off my schedule a bit, making more elaborate meals and conceding the "good" computer! lol! Anyway, I thought I'd share a few family moments I took of my boys this week and some of the progress I've made on the mural at All Saints Catholic School....

I took Ezzie, our oldest son, over to Traverse City, MI to pick Emm up from the airport. We had time to spare so I swung into the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa for a walk-thru. I used to work there back in the day (pre-child era). He thought it was awesome and it was cool for me to check out the ol' stomping grounds. We even snuck into the employee area and up the elevator to the 17th floor(top) where I used to work. It's glass all the way around and you can see for miles. The resort is situated on the East Arm of Grand Traverse Bay, Lake Michigan-it is spectacular from up there! Gorgeous green rolling golf courses, trees and water as far as you can see. And some of the best sunsets ever!

16th floor restaurant GTR&S Aerie

spiral staircase 16th floor-Aerie Restaurant

view of the "Tower" GTR&S

view of the tower and golf courses at GTR&S

lobby bar GTR&S

bar on the 16th floor-Aerie

little EZ on the spiral staircase.


Ezzie's fave part was a trip to Dylan's Candy Bar, located in the gallery of shops on the lobby level. It is the brainchild of  candy lover and daughter of Ralph Lauren-CEO Dylan Lauren. Need I say more...




Here's a few pics of the boys at the beach back in Alpena(where we live). We rode our bikes down to beach park about a mile and half from our house. Had a great picnic lunch in the pavilion and then let the kids frolic in the sand. It's been fun!

Little Lucky Ez...

Roo and Daddy


Here are a few pics of the mural from the Catholic school. This is the first mural I've ever done-lol-but it's turning out cute right?











And lastly-Check out these stamps from the USPS-I picked these up yesterday-I mail almost nothing with stamps anymore, but it's good to have some on hand. I hung these on my pin board I liked them so much....




No comments: