Having grown up in the shadow of Detroit, these images were sad and familiar to me. When I look at them I'm reminded of an era gone by, the toll the downfall took on the families of once proud men, and the exodus that followed.
There is also always a sliver of hope. Check out this NPR article about a group of local artists doing their part to revive the slumping Motor City.
I was so inspired by these photos. I decided to dedicate this week to Industrial designs. So here's a little Monday inspiration from me to you....
1. leather couch from Room & Board
2. Subway signs $86- Redefinehomestore.com
3. Titan I pendant light-$450-DWR.com
4. Oliver Gustav home in Copenhagen-as seen on the fab blog Griege
5. vintage curved arm Jielde lamp $600 -farfetchers.com
6. pillow- IGE designs
7. "the Circle of Labor" Sonja Anderson
8. Boots-Anthropologie-as seen on Jennifer Ketler's blog
10. Steampunk ring- Inspired Vintage.etsy
11. "Lancashire scene"1925-the fine art company.co.uk
12. Dining area-frenchie and flea.com
13. scooter pillow-Junkcultureshop.com
14. industrial inspired jewelry-search for things like these on Etsy!
15. grey vases by artist Sara Paloma
16. Alt Ctrl Del pillow-diffractionfiber.etsy
18. crane art-flickr german artist unknown
19. library-Ruins of Detroit-see above-Yves Marchand and Romain Meffre'
SEE YOU TOMORROW FOR TUESDAY: FOUND FURNITURE : INDUSTRIAL STYLE