Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday feature...painted windows

Last fall my sister-in-law asked me to paint a couple of things on the windows at All Saints School. I of course said "sure!" I had never painted windows before but decided, what the heck. To my surprise it was more tricky than expected and I absolutely loved doing it! I caught the bug and started not only doing the All Saints windows to reflect the changing seasons, but also my own home. When I told my mom about it she said "OH, your grandpa (who died in 1975 before I was born) used to paint our windows every Christmas!" I guess it just runs in the family! Painting your windows is a super easy way to add color and fun to your decorating projects. I use acrylic paint. When it's time for a change, I use a window scraper to get as much off as I can and then use soap and water and then Windex. Try not to get the seals though, deeper colors can stain it!

My kids love it, and that's what it's all about-FUN! Anyway-check out my fall windows this year at All Saints...








Click here for some of my SPRING windows ...

This week I added a new baby nursery ABC and 123 art print to my shop. I digitally drew the turtle, giraffe and elephant and added them to some abc's I already had. It turned out really cute. It was actually a custom piece that coordinated with the customers bedding collection from Ivy and Lambs, it was called Jake. Since the bedding collection is readily available from stores like Babies R Us I thought, more people might want this! Here it is...



See you next week!




No comments: