Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

THINGS I LIKE...

As I drove away from Transformers 3 yesterday with my son, 2 nephews and their friend, the subject turned to what a job is and why do parents have to go and more importantly why will they have to go someday. They all knew that it was to get money and they all seemed to think that having a job didn't sound like much fun! lol-I told them of course some jobs aren't fun, and that they all needed to go to college for something that is interesting to them. Then I sounded like a true parent when I uttered " If you do something you love you'll never work a day in your life!" My 12 year nephew then proceeded to argue that "Confucius was kinda wrong" and "he didn't really believe that anyone likes a job all the time-every aspect of it." hahaha-Too smart for his own good I suppose. What do you think?

Well, I know that I like what I like. If I become overly influenced by others, I tend to feel like something is missing and that I'm off track a bit. We all gravitate toward what we like because it fulfills a need. Sometimes there is so much out there to choose from, and so many people telling us what we should like, that it becomes difficult to figure out what it is that we actually love.

Sometimes I feel this way about ETSY. There is so much stuff! Well, I just did my first Taste Test. It's a tool they developed to help buyers come in contact with the sellers they might like, based on the things that they gravitate toward. It's pretty cool. Mine was pretty right on-there were like 9 of my favorite shops in the grouping-it was like a magic trick! hahaha-click here to go to my taste test. It also shows other people who have similar tastes so that you can browse their fave shops and find even more stuff you love! Give it whirl....

 Now here's something I like:

The artwork of Michelle Armas. The lovely bright colors, juxtaposition of her brushstrokes and abstract quality of her work just make me happy!






No comments: