Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

ETSY ARTIST FINDS...

I love colorful, simple, naive-style, artwork, so this Etsy shop TWOEMS definitely fits that description. I also really like the geometric quality that San Francisco based artist Melanie Mikecz achieves in some of her designs. When I redo my kitchen I'm buying something from this shop for sure-remember that pop of color thing I was talking about? Perfect! She says that her work is a digital mixed media technique (this is how I describe my artwork as well). What does that mean? She describes it this way-

"... it involves sketching, painting, drawing, scanning, Photoshopping (is that a word?), more painting, possibly some scribbling, more scanning, washing paint out of my hair, and then finally printing on my Epson printer."

Ha-sounds familiar!

Check out Melanie's shop-TWOEMS on Etsy...


her website- http://www.mm-illustration.com/

her Facebook page--http://www.facebook.com/pages/Twoems/165682406802831?v=wall


Have a look...

Like this? Check out similiar styles from other Etsy artists I've featured...

No comments: