Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

JEN'S ART ADDITIONS...

This week I worked on lots of artful things. I found the topic very inspiring indeed! In case you missed earlier posts, it's all about Scandinavian influences!

 I really like the use of bold colors and simple designs. I kept reading different artists saying that they had a "naive" style. I had not heard it put quite that way before but it makes sense. A formal explanation of a naive style in the case of artwork dictates that the work is primitive: of or created by one without formal training; simple. Primitive art such as that by Grandma Moses is often colorful and striking.

 Yes! This describes me too! I am without formal training, gravitate toward simple designs and colorful things. I had fun anyway and I hope you like the things I've created. I'm sure not all of the things I'm posting this week would be considered a "Scandinavian" style- but hey, I'm from Michigan not Denmark right? :)

I started the week out sampling some simple watercolor designs and incorporated those into some other pieces. Most of my artwork ends up being a blend of illustrations, paintings and digital editing and color. I'm also adding some new things that made it into my Etsy Shop this week!As always-please don't copy my work or use it without permission! Thanks!

Hope you like...





 

MODERN HELLO CHAIR


ONE HORSE SEWDISH TOWN


SWEDISH FIELDS

SWEDISH FIELDS WITH BUTTERFLIES
 


 


pink brushstrokes-acrylic on paper




"Triangles" original drawing layered with paintings and other drawings



 
"Little Bus"custom nursery print-from an original acrylic painting
another example with different colors and fonts

"Little Bus"custom nursery print-from an original acrylic painting-different colors available coming soon to my shop!


"Pink Owl" customizable nursery art print available now in my ETSY shop

"pink owl and polka dots" ABC poster print 11 x 14 $15-available in my ETSY shop!

        HAVE A LOVELY DAY!

No comments: